Sunday, November 20, 2011

WIP Hellborn Troll

Reaper Miniature 03407   Hellborn Troll

My daughter gave me this miniature to me for my birthday.  She says it reminds her of me.


Here he is blocked out with basic colors.  Normally I prime a miniature with white gesso and wash it in black.  There are all sorts of thoughts on priming with gesso. I prefer it and apply it with an airbrush cut 50/50 with isopropyl alcohol.  It dries almost immediately and cures in 24 hours and works well regardless of the humidity or temperature.  I wash the primed miniature with black ink, which brings out the details and helps with initial shading.

 The troll is about 3/4 done with most of the shading complete. Next I'll work on the base and then tie everything together with some glazes and a final wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment